This Saturday, our Nation is Celebrating a Birthday, and there is plenty to do for a Glacier 4th of July!
1. First off, the regular road construction that has been going on in the Eastside will be eased, and there will be no delays on the road! So, if you haven’t driven the Going-to-the-Sun yet this year, this weekend is the time to do it! Still, there will not be parking at any of the Eastside pullouts, and we recommend riding a boat and/or shuttle for your hiking plans. More info here.
2. Grinnell Glacier Hike- The Grinnell Glacier Trail is completely open, and we are starting our 8:30 am Hiker Boat Tour on the Fourth! Why not celebrate the 4th of July with a great hike to Grinnell Glacier? For more info, see here.
3. Many Glacier Centennial Celebration – The Many Glacier Hotel was opened on the Fourth of July in 1915, and in honor of 100 years, there will be programs throughout the day to celebrate. You can catch Employee Music at 4:30 in the Lobby & a Centennial Hootenanny at 9pm downstairs on the ST. Moritz Stage. There are Hotel Tours throughout the day, and other Historical presentations. Of course, we will be running our scheduled Tours and Rentals all day!
4. The Babb Parade & Community Potluck – Our friends at Glacier County Honey throw a great Independence Day Celebration every year. In the afternoon on Saturday, folks start working on their floats, and the parade leaves at 5pm to drive down West Shore Duck Lake Road. Everyone is encouraged to participate in the parade! Afterwards, there is a fun Community Potluck in the Historical Tack Barn down the road.
5. KOA Fireworks – While fireworks are not permitted in the National Parks, there is always a great display on the peripheral, and our favorite is always the KOA Fireworks in St. Mary. The owner of the KOA is a licensed pyrotechnician, and the show is always incredible. You can expect the display to begin between 10-10:30 pm.
*Remember there are many fire restrictions around the state due to such dry conditions. Be Safe & Responsible!*
Whatever you decide to do on our Nation’s Holiday, we wish you a safe & fun weekend! Cheers to America!